Site Meter

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

I have long been appalled that my country people support Bush and agree with Bush. Now, finally, Bush has asked for something the American people don't want to give him 87 Billion for the occupation and reconstruction of Iraq. I am again dismayed. I think we American taxpayers should give 87 Billion for Iraq (I admit this might have something to do with the foreign earned income exclusion which means I pay about 200 bucks a year to uncle Sam). It is bizarre to see right wing Republicans arguing for billions for foreign aid while formerly bleading hearts argue against.

This is almost the first policy issue on which I agree with Bush. By policy issue I mean about what to do. Of course I agree that Saddam Hussein is a monster etc. but I disagreed about what to do about him (my bold proposal was to wait for him to die). Also, of course, I agreed we had to invade Afghanistan, but that was a no brainer. Aside from that I can't think of a case in which I agree about what to do with both Bush and the majority of the American people.

No comments: