Site Meter

Sunday, February 08, 2004

Well G W Bush seems to have confessed that he there is NO evidence Anywhere that he did any national guard duty in Alabama in 1972. Certainly none has been released. Even the dubious torn document (the W document) does not present relevant information.
Bush just admitted that he has already released all relevant documents. He doesn't put it that way, but, to me it is pretty close to a confession.


"Russert: When allegations were made about John McCain or Wesley Clark on their military records, they opened up their entire files. Would you agree to do that?

President Bush: Yeah. Listen, these files I mean, people have been looking for these files for a long period of time, trust me, and starting in the 1994 campaign for governor. And I can assure you in the year 2000 people were looking for those files as well. Probably you were. And absolutely. I mean, I

Russert: But would you allow pay stubs, tax records, anything to show that you were serving during that period?

President Bush: Yeah. If we still have them, but I you know, the records are kept in Colorado, as I understand, and they scoured the records.

And I'm just telling you, I did my duty, and it's politics, you know, to kind of ascribe all kinds of motives to me. But I have been through it before. I'm used to it. What I don't like is when people say serving in the Guard is is may not be a true service.

Russert: Would you authorize the release of everything to settle this?

President Bush: Yes, absolutely.

We did so in 2000, by the way."

No comments: