Site Meter

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Thomas Delay is depraved beyond belief. I thought that there is nothing he could possibly say that would lower my opinion of him, but he said

"One thing that God has brought to us is Terri Schiavo, to help elevate the visibility of what is going on in America," Mr. DeLay told a conference organized by the Family Research Council, a conservative Christian group. A recording of the event was provided by the advocacy organization Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

"This is exactly the issue that is going on in America, of attacks against the conservative movement, against me and against many others," Mr. DeLay said.

According to congressman Delay God destroyed Theresa Schiavo's brain to help him fight off the investigation of his many crimes. The man is insane. Fortunately he is also stupid.

via Pandagon



Update: an actual transcript at thinkprogress.org does not begin with the statement about God bringing then Terri Schiavo. This could be because it appeared earlier in Delay's speach, but I am not sure. The transcript shows that Delay linked Schiavo's problems (almost completely absent cerebral cortex) and his own (completely absent sense of shame ooops no I mean he is being persecuted).

Update 2: Josh Marshall has more of the transcript which does indeed include the line "one thing God has brought to us is Terri Schiavo to elevate the visibility of what's going on in America." It is interesting that I am now absolutely confident that the quote is accurate. Thus I learn that I trust Josh Marshall even more than I trust the New York Times.

No comments: