Site Meter

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Below I note my enduring desire for comments from Anne.
I also thank Al Gore for convincing his colleagues to subsidize the internet until it reached critical mass (and for not claiming to invent the internet) because, through the net I have cyber met Hans Suter who corresponds with me below

Hans has left a new comment on your post "2/13/2007 03:48:00 PM":

Robert, if you don't want carbon from timber you should limit growth of forests.

Publish this comment.

Reject this comment.

Moderate comments for this blog.

Posted by Hans to Robert's Stochastic thoughts at 2/14/2007 08:58:07 AM




On 2007.02.16, at 15:28, robert w wrote:


Dear Hans

But I do want carbon from timber. Forests take carbon out of the air and help us with global warming. However, forests naturally reach a steady state when the weight of wood in the forest is fixed and there is as much wood rotting as growing.

Taking the lumber out of forests and making houses reduces CO2 in the atmosphere because there is net tree growth in a reforrested clear cut forest but not in a natural climax (steady state) forest.

Tree farms are sad and ugly (compared to forests) but the fix huge amounts of carbon.

Huge wood houses are a pointless luxury, but I'd prefer carbon as useless luxury in US suburbs than in the atmosphere making it so hot that there are mosquitoes in Rome in January.

Thanks for the comment (almost lost among the spam).

Do you want our dialog posted on my blog ?

ciao
Robert

From: Hans
To: rjw88@hotmail.com
Subject: New comment on 2/13/2007 03:48:00 PM
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:58:07 -0800 (PST)

Dear Robert,

thanks for anwering. Starting from a wrong premise I couldn't but finish with a wrong conclusion. Please do post, including this one (blogging as learning).

Hans

wolfson has left a new comment on your post "2/18/2007 05:09:00 PM":

(I have this feeling that you may have already received 2 copies of this comment, but I'm going to try one more time, just in case).

Hans wrote (Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:58:07 -0800 (PST)

Starting from a wrong premise I couldn't but finish with a wrong conclusion.

Balderdash! In this situation -- starting with a wrong premise - it's easy to come to a correct conclusion as long as your logic is fallacious.

I reply. Impeccable logic wolfson

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "2/18/2007 04:51:00 PM":

Yum; though I am sympathetic to hippopotami. Edith Grossman is tha translator, and when Edith Grossman translates I have learned "read" and I read Spanish.

peccable logic anonymous

No comments: