Site Meter

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jack Cafferty on Grammar.

I'm in a glass house and I want to throw a stone. Cafferty writes

" Where to start?

Bobby Jindal: "I'm certainly not nearly as good of a speaker as Obama." Good OF a speaker? How about not as good at eighth-grade grammar either. It's embarrassing.

Sarah Palin? Billing the taxpayers for her kids to travel to official events the children weren't even invited to?"


He didn't ask "how to end a sentence ?" but am I the only person who is amused by someone criticizing someone else's grammar then ending a sentence with a preposition ?

I have nothing against ending sentences with prepositions, but I think it is silly to grammar check politicians who use non standard grammar to convince us that they are regular folks, just like we are (that is just as us).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... but I think it is silly to grammar check politicians ...

I suppose it is allowed to colloquially split your infinitives, eh?