Site Meter

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New Frontiers of Spam

I received an e-mail with the wonderfully paranoid subject header

"Re: The Federal Reserve Cartel: Freemasons and The House of Rothschild - by Dean Henderson"

(note the Re: which means "this is spam")

It turned out to be a teaser for this message

"Anybody need a kombucha scoby? I got some. Free to a good home."

What is a kombucha scoby ? Hmm it sounds zoogleal.

I have no idea how one can separate people from their money by offering paranoid Rothschild haters a free kombucha scoby. I will investigate further (that's it get people to investigate further -- reach through their monitors and eat their brainnss).

OK goes to a site about "John Biggs" who claims to be a journalist and hawks watches. Clearly either he is a spammer or can't manage internet security. Either way his claim " After spending four years as an IT programmer, I switched gears and became a full-time journalist" does not convince me.

No comments: